Inappropriate

"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way." -Juan Ramon Jiminez

Saturday, June 19, 2004

Tomorrow, I'm leaving on flight to Germany, for those of you who don't know. I don't think it will be any better or worse than the United States, though there will be minor differences, such as a completely different language. I anticipate that it will be fun as hell, and I'm pretty excited about it. All the things that one must worry about when one leaves on a plane to another country have, for the most part, knock on wood, been taken care of, leaving me to eagerly anticipate takeoff.

If I had it my way, we'd stop over in Hong Kong. The airport there is amazing. However, this is not the case, and we are on a direct flight. The flight will be six or seven hours, about the length of a flight to California. The good thing about flying internationally is that the big "safety speech" before takeoff is always given in both English and the language of the country you're flying in. That way I can pay close attention and take notes. That way, when the plane is on fire with no roof or control to speak of, I will be safe because I was properly instructed on the correct manner in which to use my seat belt. Praise Allah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home