Inappropriate

"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way." -Juan Ramon Jiminez

Friday, May 21, 2004

"You're going to have to face your worst fear," echoed her words as we approached the bridge. That massive, pristine bridge linked two shores, extending wide beyond its real counterpart; extending wide beyond human foresight. Everything was clear; everything seemed reflective in the crisp morning air. The sky soared was a soaring blue, and the towers ahead reflected in their super-realistic metallic luster. They rose from the horizon, two massive tributes to human will. I knew that they shouldn't be there, that they weren't there any more. My state of confusion was horrifically interrupted. The right of the two massive buildings burst into flames. It was the first impact. "Anything but this," he turned and faced me "please, not this." I can't deal with this sincerity. I don't... have any way to connect. This side of me is not within me. So I disconnect. I don't even attempt comfort. I stare. Everything is clear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home