Inappropriate

"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way." -Juan Ramon Jiminez

Sunday, May 02, 2004

Friday morning, at about eleven o'clock I woke up. My parents weren't going to be home all day, and I had nothing to do. I ate breakfast, and then sat down to watch Matchstick Men. I got about halfway through when Charles called. He was about five minutes away and offered to pick me up. I said what the hell, and accepted the invitation. We drove around aimlessly for a while, then headed north on 17. Acting on a whim, we got off on Mountain View Road. We found an affluent neighborhood nestled in the forest. We saw some neon green signs for a yard sale, and followed them to the house. There was nothing really of interest, except for a water cooler that, unfortunately, had already been sold. We remained only for a short while, then left. As luck would have it, we found another sign for another yard sale. We took the greater difficulty of finding this location as a sign that the rewards would also be greater. We were proven correct, as we found a pair of binoculars and a neck pillow. We also found a recliner valued at five dollars, but the owner of the house told us we could have it for free if we took it. Thus began the great struggle to fit the recliner in Charles' trunk. We were there for perhaps half an hour trying to find the best angle and position to put it in his trunk. After that, Charles realized he could not find his keys. After a frantic search, we found them on the driver's seat. After that he dropped me off at Mason's house where I had to work on a Jones project. Around 5:30 Marc and him came to get me and we met Jess and Igor at Charles' for cheeseburgers, courtesy of Mrs. Ackerman. When I got home, I was afflicted with insomnia and spent the night discussing and debaiting with Charles. The next day I woke up, took the Math IC, and did well. My parents decided to take me to visit Colgate University in Hamilton, NY. Unfortunately, the journey was longer than we planned for, and before we knew it, we had been driving three hours and still had not seen Colgate. So, we turned around. By the time we got home, the car was covered in several dozen flies, smeared all over the windshield and the bumper. I'm sure it's a very nice school, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home