Inappropriate

"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way." -Juan Ramon Jiminez

Sunday, June 13, 2004

Another year has passed us by, and the summer approaches. I don't want summer. I need summer. Summer is my reminder that solitude is really quite nice. I need to not have to wake up on a cold morning with a group of freshman I neither know or like then go to school with a group of people, the majority of whom I either don't know or dislike. I need to have the option to dedicate entire days to me, and me alone. I need the knowledge that for the next two months, no one can judge me unless I want for them to. I need time to read any book I want. I need to be able to wear the same clothes for two or three or four days in a row without anyone saying anything. I need it to be so hot that I just walk around the house in my underwear. I need to look under the covers and get freaked out by the discovery that my underwear glows in the dark.

I need summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home