Inappropriate

"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way." -Juan Ramon Jiminez

Saturday, November 20, 2004

My Mamma Told Me I Could Be Whatever I Wanted When I Grow Up, But I never Really Listened to Her Advice Anyway

Baby I sold off my soul
So that my buoyant body would rise up
From the grave you’ve dug out for me
To rise like the sun
and face you in the morning
But like the moon I descend in silence
ready to drown you in the darkness
That you first bit me in
When you drained me dry

Dear, you drained me dry
And now I stalk the night
Seeking the blood of the innocent
Using the fangs I cursed in my dying breath
To bite a new hundred thousand
And indoctrinate them into a world of pain

Tonight it’s you I bite
To drain you of my blood dry
And with every ounce I avenge
I become one ounce more poisoned still

This is the story of a boy who triumphed over the devil
By becoming him

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home