Inappropriate

"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way." -Juan Ramon Jiminez

Saturday, August 07, 2004

Rebirth

I guess everything has changed. Time to recognize the ends and the beginnings, time to shut it all down and know I can only start it up, and that it can in fact only be started up one more time, and just one more time.

If everyone's a casualty
Then take your time there ain't no trouble
The weather's fine and we're feeling crazy
There's always drinks and dancing in the rubble
I'm spinning
and you're spinning
The world's spinning
and we're laughing
And I'm charming
The devil's charming
And we're ruined but we're still building
And I'm selling and you're counting
The world's stopping but we keep going
And we're ruthless and we're cunning
And I'm heir to it all

And I come back and it's cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home