Inappropriate

"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way." -Juan Ramon Jiminez

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Nocturne

Interesting, all of this is. Different from summer, most definetely. Boredom replaced by: Interesting, all of this is. I admit, I am enjoying these new faces, these new voices, these new places. New situations are what make life interesting and perhaps even worth living. The question posed is central to all of philosophy, and its answer lies within all of us. Let me work it, put my thing down, flip it, and reverse it. Repeated, backwards, twice. I haven't listened to that in a long time. Interesting (take note, this is the third time I have used this word), how after a while even that which you once enjoyed grows tiring to the senses. Boredom could make one live forever (Catch-22?). I hope, at least for the time I spend writing this, that I don't live forever. You will recieve a telegram, maybe many years from now, maybe tomorrow, that will read: "MYLES PASSED AWAY. FUNERAL TOMORROW. DEEP SYMPATHY." I'm not sure I'm quite ready for that. After all, I have been told that these may be the best years of my life. I certainly wouldn't want to waste them dead, especially without getting my license. In a different world, a young boy sitting on an endless beach with an endless orange sea knows that he made the right choice. I hope he enjoys the many long hours of procreation ahead of him.

buthehadaids!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home